Saturday 9 a.m.–9:45 a.m.
Build service health dashboard using Shinken
- Audience level:
- Lecture Room E2
Shinken is a modern open source Nagios® like tool, redesigned and rewritten from scratch. In this talk, I will talk about how to build a service health dashboard (not server health) with shinken as a backend.
I plan to cover some of these topics and make the talk more interactive:
Server monitoring tool: Shinken
- Introduction and what all can be monitored using this tool. Features and a brief overview of Shinken web ui.
- Different components. Scalability and performance.
- Shinken if compatible with nagios nrpe plugins. Discussion on how does nrpe checks work.
Build a Service dashboard:
Write your own nrpe plugin using python
- Basic usage of coding...
Examples of automated service checks
- Things to consider, some dos and donts. Advantage of python over shell.
Integrate your checks in shinken
- Editing configuration files.